We at FURY are big advocates of the golf bag flask. After all, the bag flask is a friend you can count on in many situations: Cart girl is nowhere to be found? Grab the bag flask. Celebrating the fact that you're golfing instead of stuck at work? Grab the bag flask. Just sliced one into the deep woods (again)? Grab the bag flask.
As you can see, having a flask on the course can be clutch. So much so, that our golf bag never leaves home without one.
So What Makes a Good Bag Flask Whiskey?
In our opinion, a good bag flask whiskey should be 3 things:
- Affordable: The bottle should cost no more than $40. You're going to be drinking this stuff out of a damn metal tube, so we'd avoid buying an expensive bottle that should command a bit more respect.
- Versatile: We like our bag flask whiskey to be versatile enough to be enjoyed neat (our preference) or mixed with a vending machine Coca Cola. The idea of a bag flask is to always have it in your bag, which means you don't necessarily know what you're going to be in the mood for when you need it.
- Delicious: Quite obviously, the most important criteria your bag flask whiskey should adhere to is that the stuff is good.
Now that we're all on the same page with how we're choosing our whiskey, let's get to the list.
The 5 Best Whiskeys for Your Golf Flask
1. Bulleit Straight Rye Mash Whiskey, $31
2. Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon, $26
3. Knob Creek Straight Rye Whiskey, $30
4. Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey, $38
5. Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon, $31